Get our Carbonite Recover data sheet here.
Get more details from the Carbonite web site.
The Carbonite Availability solution is an extremely powerful way to provide near-realtime data replication for any critical application environment, including Actian Zen/PSQL. However, Availability requires building out your own DR environment, which may include servers, workstations, and more, which can increase the startup costs by quite a bit.
Let's face it -- smaller organizations are unlikely to have the infrastructure or staffing needed to install, configure, and manage multiple sets of hardware. This is where Carbonite Recover comes into play. Carbonite Recover leverages the power of Availability and its full-server replication technology to replicate your data to the Carbonite Cloud Data Center with push-button failover capabilities. Further, one monthly fee supports replicating an unlimited number of servers and up to 30 snapshots per server, capped only by your data commitment, which starts at half a terabyte and goes up from there.
Carbonite Recover is both efficient and secure. Administrative efficiency is gained through automated deployment from a single, central console with auto-discovery of your source environments. Workload efficiency is obtained by replicating only the exact bytes that are changing on the disk, instead of copying every file on each snapshot. Finally, network efficiency is obtained by compressing data being sent to the cloud. Security is obtained through full 256-bit encryption, both of data in-flight, as well as all data in the cloud itself, so you know that your data is secure at all times.
Of course, any DR solution is only useful if it helps you to sleep better at night, right? You must have the ability to test the failover solution and prove to the corporate executives that it works as advertised. A successful recovery starts with a professional implementation alongside Carbonite's own Professional Services crew, but it doesn't end there. Your Carbonite Recover subscription also includes 24/7 customer support and unlimited self-service disaster recovery testing (you pay only per GB of VRAM per day), so that you can verify that the system is working exactly as expected.
For extra peace of mind, you can even opt in to the Premium Support option, which adds 4 scheduled failover tests per year (managed by Carbonite's experts during normal business hours), documented recovery results and a runbook document, proactive monitoring of the servers, networks and even the weather, and onboarding assistance to set up your servers.
With various options, data sizes, and more, the pricing is also fairly complicated and hard to put on a simple web page. If you'd like a formal quote, contact Goldstar Software to provide the following information:
- Server Platforms: What platforms do you run? Recover supports Windows 2008R2 and higher and Linux 6.7 and higher, either on physical machines or hypervosirs (VMware, Hyper-V), as well as AIX, HP-UX, and Solaris (via Carbonite Disaster Recovery).
- Number of Servers: How many servers need to be protected? How much memory is on each server?
- Data Size: How much data (core protected data plus snapshots) do you expect to replicate on the protected servers? The minimum size is 500GB, but just estimate it to the nearest terabyte (TB).
- Premium: Do you need the Premium option? For how many servers?
- IPSEC VPN Tunnel: Do you need an IPSEC VPN (site-to-site) tunnel?
- SSLVPN Connections: Do you need a SSL VPN tunnels available? How many?
- External IP Address: Do you need any external IP addresses, such as for web sites, terminal servers, or in-bound data feeds? How many?
- Committment: You can account for Carbonite Recover as an standard, operational expense through monthly billing and a 1-year or 3-year term committment. Or you can save money by prepaying for a full year or even three years in one lump sum.
Are you ready to find out more? Contact Goldstar Software directly, and we will review your specific needs and see if this solution is right for you, or if you would be better served by one of the other solutions, such as Availability, Carbonite Server, or Carbonite Safe instead. You can also request a demo from Carbonite now.
Do you already know what you need and just want pricing for Carbonite Recover? Due to the complexity of the pricing model, we do not offer this product on our web storefront. However, you can generate a price estimate right now with our quote generator:
Complete the form at the end to get your configuration reviewed and have a formal quote sent to you. Or, just give us a call and we can get you exact pricing and get you started right away!