Carbonite Backup for Office 365
Get our Carbonite Backup for Office 365 data sheet here.
Get more details from the Carbonite web site.
See the Carbonite General Terms of Service.
With Microsoft Office 365, companies are able to move many critical services out of the local data center and into the Microsoft cloud. This eliminates the need to provide disaster recovery for some critical services, such as Exchange (Email), Sharepoint, Skype contacts, OneDrive (file sharing) and more, because Microsoft is now handling all of those services (and their backups) for you. However, what many people do not realize is that Microsoft provides limited granularity -- requiring you to snap your environment back to a date in time -- which restores your data, but it also causes you to lose all of your recent data changes!
This creates problems in a few key areas:
- Malware Event: A malware event that encrypts data may cause those encrypted files to be replicated to your O365 account rather rapidly. However, valid changes may still be coming in from other users, so you can't just stop allowing changes. Restoring witha snapshot means losing the most recent set of changes to your O365 data set.
- Permissions: If you are replicating your O365 data down to a computer as pure data, then you are not capturing the permissions configured within the environment, and restoring your data may require a substantial manual effort to get permissions reset once again.
If your job depends on protecting this data, you're probably not sleeping very well at night, knowing that data could be lost or compromised at any time of the day or night.
Enter Carbonite Backup for Office 365. This cloud-based solution from Carbonite implements a user-state backup of your data (including permissions), at the individual application and item level for the entire Office 365 suite. This provides a way to protect your data and allow for either a full site-wide recovery to easily roll back, or you can do a granular restore of specific elements -- mailboxes, conversations, projects, files, planners, tasks, contacts, and more. With the central management console, you can create policies to indicate exactly what should be protected and when, running backups automatically up to 4 times per day with flexible retention options.
Carbonite Backup for Office 365 leverages a repository in the Carbonite Cloud, which can be physically stored in either the US or Europe. Of course, your data is always protected by 256-bit AES encryption, both at-rest and in-flight.
Like other Carbonite solutions, pricing can be a bit complex, so we recommend calling us to discuss your configuration and to get detailed pricing information. We need to know the following in order to build a quote:
- Number of Seats: How many Office 365 Users have data that must be protected?
- Data Size: With Carbonite's Cloud storage, you have two options for data size. "Standard" protection allows for an average of 100GB per device, with possible overage charges. For a small premium in price, "Advanced" protection offers unlimited data!
- Committment: You can account for this solution as an standard, operational expense through monthly billing and a 1-year or 3-year term committment. Or you can save money by prepaying for a full year or even three years in one lump sum.
Are you ready to find out more? Contact Goldstar Software directly, and we will review your specific needs and see if this solution is right for you. You can also request a free trial now.
Do you already know what you need and just want pricing for Carbonite Backup for Office 365? Due to the complexity of the pricing model, we do not offer this product on our web storefront. However, you can request a price quote right now with our Product Configurator:
Complete the form at the end to get your configuration reviewed and have a formal quote sent to you. Or, just give us a call and we can get you exact pricing and get you started right away!